donderdag 14 januari 2016

Change of vehicle and start of electrification.


It started with a new insight: Somewhere I saw that the VW T3 type was similar to the T2 in the sense that it also has the motor compartment in the rear under the deck. That means that is has a short cabin and a long loading floor. And so it also was suitable to carry a camper part as I had planned. Furthermore the T3 is slightly larger and much stronger.
So I sold my T2, for a good price, and bought a T3, for a very decent price. (Because the T3 was a lot younger it is not a oldtimer for the Dutch tax regime - oldtimer are free of road-tax), and so has a much lower price). So, now I have to pay road-taxes, but as soon as it is an electrical vehicle, it will be on the road for free too! And during the transformation it will be off the road and thus also tax-free.
The difference in prices gave me, together with a recovering of the economy and a subsequent growth of my coaching-business, the financial room to start with the electrification of the vehicle.
First thing was to buy the necessary equipment. I found a good vendor of these, He-cars of Vincent Heijnsdijk. I bought a controlbox and other stuff, the most pricy part of it all and via Vincent I bought a second hand motor, a N50d3 30kW. This should move my bus with a sufficiƫnt 60 to 70 MpH...
I found a guy, Andries, that can help me with the rebuild, he is an expert in high tension electric systems and he has a garage, so all is ready now.
We will keep you updated with the process!
Greets, Frits

PS: pictures will come!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten